Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Easy Raspberry Scones

I wanted to make some raspberry(with those .98 raspberries!) scones and I knew I had seen a recipe in my Everyday Foods Magazine, but I was unable to find it. When I googled it I found this Martha Stewart recipe. It was easy and tasty!
You need a food processor for this recipe. You start by adding 2 1/2 cups of flour....
 1/4 cup of sugar

 1 Tbsp baking powder 

3/4 tsp salt. Pulse these together.


You need 3/4 cups buttermilk, which is 1Tbsp lemon juice added to the milk.
Add the buttermilk to one egg yolk and whisk together. 

You need 1/2 cup cold butter. What I do is I cut it up into smaller pieces and throw it in the freezer while I am doing the rest of the recipe.

Add butter and pulse until mixture is pea size.



Slowly add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and blend until it just comes together.
Flour your surface. Put raspberries on counter(or dough) and knead 3X just to mix berries in. Roll out and cut into pieces.

Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp sugar.

Bake at 400 for 15-18 minutes turning the pan half way through the baking time. My oven was very uncooperative during this bake as it kept shutting down. I used convection, not convection, turning it back on every time it screamed PF1! Believe it or not we made it through....and we may have discovered the oven problem....we'll see!

They are so tasty. Not too sweet, so if you need sweet cover them in some honey!

No comments: