Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Thanks for the Pumpkin!

My mom and dad brought me a small pumpkin(hehe)!
Thanks sooo much mom and dad!


First I sawed it apart! Seriously! :)

Then I cut up 2 cookie sheets full(to start!). I put a bit of water in the bottom of the pan and baked them for 50 minutes at 400.

 I also used my double decker steamer...have I told you how much I enjoy my double decker steamer???
Then I threw the steamed pumpkin pieces into my handy dandy food processor.( I am always a bit boggled by the instructions saying not to use with hot food....)

This is the result! Pumpkin puree!!! Nothing added. Pure pumpkin yumminess!



Here's the final product mom! 4 huge bowls of puree and 2 large bowls of pumpkin broth! Plus, I already took out 2 3/4  cups for the bread and buns! I put it out on the deck to cool before packaging it up. 
I found a wonderful pumpkin bread recipe here . Thanks Ashley! I was so excited that it needed 2 cups of pumpkin!
As well I made pumpkin cinnamon buns(Yowsers! they are really!!! good) which I read about on my friend's blog here, and the recipe is here. I used the cream cheese and honey icing Heather, it was fantastic! Thanks!

In the end, after much processing(and cleaning up so I could take pictures for this blog!!! :) Here are the rows of 1 and 2 cup freezer bags full of pumpkin puree goodness. A grand total of more than 40 cups of puree!!!What will I do with all that pumpkin? Well, my daughter can take us much as she wants when she's home. She likes to make pumpkin cookies with it. I will definitely be making more bread and buns! I also will be scouring the Internet for recipes that use 2 or more cups of pumpkin. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Check out a blog called "we are not Martha". There is a recipe for pumpkin Mac & cheese. I'm going to cook up my pumpkin and maybe try it...still undecided :)

Sue said...

Thanks Ashley! I made some pumpkin pancakes this morning...they were
tasty. I will look at this blog too!