Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, May 26, 2011

More I've Got Lots of Rhubarb/ Strawberries

A refreshing rain

It's raining cats and dogs today! The air smells fabulous. I have been up since 3:30am(hormones!).....yawn! Amazing what you can do in the quiet....I decided to put on a big jacket with a hood and tromp(shall I say wade?)out to the rhubarb. Yesterday I picked up some yummy strawberries and so this morning I thought strawberry rhubarb muffins would be nice. I searched through my Rolodex of recipes sure that I had a good recipe in there somewhere, sigh...I seem to have not saved one. The problem with the wonderful world of Internet recipes is that I try something new, don't write it down...and then can never find it again! So, I decided to take a few recipes and combine them. Here it is...enjoy!

Rhubarb Strawberry Muffins
3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups sour cream(you can use plain yogurt)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup melted marg or butter
1 1/2 cup rhubarb
1 cup strawberries
Mix the wet, add the dry, toss the fruit in the dry, don't over mix. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
I am testing one as I blog...they are wonderful...I tried cutting back on the sugar and then are still tasty.

Recipe makes 12
I had to sample!


Oh!!! I almost forgot! Feta Cheese is on sale at Costco this week(sales usually change Mondays). It's the lowest I have ever tracked it! 1kg $8.79(regular price is $11.99)!!!!! If you click on the picture you can zoom in and see that it is good(unopened) until April 2012!!! I stocked up! I guess you'll be hearing about feta cheese recipes shortly!

No comments: