Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Seafood Chowder

Once a week I try to include a soup, bread and salad in our menu plan. This week we had one of our favorites...Seafood Chowder.


The ingredients are as pictured above. The small, square, white container is chicken broth. The bowls contain: 3 green onions chopped, one potato cut small, and some frozen mixed veggies(if I had had just corn, I would have used that.)

To start use a bit of butter or oil and soften the green onions and garlic, about 2-3 minutes. The bigger bits of green in here are broccoli stems chopped up. I added them on a whim.

Add 1 cup of chicken broth and 1 cup of water. Then add the cut up potato and  simmer until the potato is
tender about 15 minutes.

Add a package of seafood medley and the frozen
vegetables. Continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until seafood is cooked through, 5 minutes. The red bits are pieces of red pepper that I added...you guessed it, on a whim.


Stir in the milk and heat. Season with pepper and salt.

This recipe feed us(4)with a tiny bit (not even enough for a whole bowl)left over. We had a green salad and some, yummy, easy Cuban bread that I blogged about here.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.