Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I've Got Lots of Cauliflower

Even though it was 30 degrees today, I really wanted cream of cauliflower soup! I made it on the burner on the BBQ while hopping from foot to foot as the deck was toasty!
 Cream of Cauliflower and Corn Soup
Start with 4 cups of cauliflower broken into little pieces. In a saucepan heat some butter or margarine and saute an onion, until soft. Add the cauliflower and corn and cook for about 2 minutes.

 I had some yummy corn and decided to slice some in for a little color and a yummy taste! I added two cobs.
 Add 2 tbsp flour and stir and cook for 1 minute.
 Next add 2 cups of chicken or veggie broth. (I cheated and used 2 cups water and a package of seasoning from a Ichiban noodle pack.) Cook for 15 minutes on medium.
 Add a cup of milk or half and half and 3 Tbsp of cream cheese. This is what makes it nice and creamy.
 Cook for another 10 minutes stirring often. Add some pepper. Serve.
 Very yummy soup! The only downside is the picture below....this is all the leftovers, not even enough for another bowl. :(   Enjoy!

No comments: