Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Easy Granola Bars


It is the last weekend for $5 skiing at both Big White and Silver Star. As we get ready to go, I am looking for fun things to pack for our supper. I found lots of granola bar recipes and just decide I would make changes to make it my own. I have lots of peanut butter,so I cut out some margarine so I could add this peanut butter, I didn't have light corn syrup just regular. Chocolate chips were on sale so I definitely wanted to add them!! So, here it is!(They took about 20mins with baking time!)




Easy Granola Bars


4 cups old fashioned oats


1/2 cup nuts


1 cup brown sugar


1/3cup corn syrup


1/2 tsp salt


Mix well


Add 1/2cup melted margarine


1/4cup peanut butter


Mix well


Sprinkle chocolate chips until it looks good to you!!




Press into a 10X15 cookie sheet


Bake at 450 for 5mins turn the pan


bake for another 5mins check, at most 12 minutes.




Take out let cool....Cut into bars!!! Enjoy! This is such a great savings and so much better than store bought!! As you can see a huge chunk was gone before I could get a picture!(I had to hide them to cool them).









No comments: