Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Total Financial Health is Cumulative

I was doing an exercise video yesterday and the instructor said, "Remember total health is cumulative."
This got me thinking and I looked up the defintion.
The Miriam Webster's definition of cumulative is
1 a : made up of accumulated parts b : increasing by successive additions

So, if I continue to do these exercise all the little moves will add up to more flexibility and better movement.
Then I thought how does that apply to our finances?
Well, our little acts of making a spending plan each month, striving to do what we said we were going to and then doing it again the next month adds up to better financial health.(even if you don't do it perfectly!!you are still doing better)
For example, if you want to get an emergency fund of $1000 in the bank(Dave Ramsey's baby step 1). This will probably mean small shaves from your spending each month until cumulatively you have $1000.
When we saved for Hawaii it was 2 years cumulative saving. I guess it reminds me of the saying, "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time." Be encouraged with your one bite, it may seem small, but it's adding up!

No comments: