Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, October 28, 2011

I've got lots of apricots!

These lovely apricots were picked at a friend's house. Thanks again Geneva!
As soon as I picked them I just sliced them in half, froze them on cookie sheets, and then popped them into freezer bags. I was thinking how nice it would be to make a sauce to go with pork chops.
 Here's what I made.

Apricot Sauce for Meats
10 or so apricots(this is so not an exact recipe)
1/2 onion finely chopped
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cayenne
Taste as you go, add more of any spice you like to get the right taste.
Put it all in a saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil then turn down to low and cook slowly for up to 2 hours. It has a tangy tart taste that is an excellent sauce for meats, but I loved it so much I ate it plain for lunch. Serve hot or cold! Enjoy!

No comments: