Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I've got lots of.....potatoes


I was thinking about how to combine recipes, bulk buying and using up leftovers when the idea of a I've got lots of series came to me.
What if I write a blog for a particular recipe that uses up lots of some ingredient?
The picture to the left is pizza pockets in the making. Great if you have left over mashed potatoes!
Why mashed potatoes?
This dough is a refrigerator dough recipe that requires mashed potatoes. (I am kind of on a flax/wheat germ kick and I really enjoy adding them to my baking. Here I substituted 3/4 cup of flour for the same amount of flax and wheat germ combined).
Pizza Pockets
Take refrigerator dough out of the fridge and let rise on the counter.
Roll out dough and cut into pieces.
Spread a small amount of pizza sauce, or whatever sauce you fancy.
Add small pieces of meat, peppers, tomatoes....
Sprinkle on some cheese...
Close them up and bake for about 20minutes 400 degrees.
I referenced this dough and it's recipe in a previous post
In the post I made cinnamon buns with the dough. You can also make bread sticks or cloverleaf buns, as well as hot dog wraps. The dough keeps in your fridge for up to 5 days and will make about 3 regular size recipes of cinnamon buns, pizza pockets, buns..etc. It's really handy to have it ready in the fridge. I keep it in an ice cream bucket.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

"C" is for many things said...

Thanks, I love this idea! I am definetly going to try it. Every sunday we have mashed potatoes and there are always left overs. Here is a link to another great post I saw today that you might like: http://grocerycartchallenge.blogspot.com/2011/02/frugal-spring-cleaning.html

Sue said...

Thanks! I do too. I checked out the link, thanks for thinking of me. My house could definetly use a little cleaning, period...never mind the waiting until spring!