Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Mashed Potato Refrigerator Dough

I came across this recipe years ago, while reading The Tightwad Gazette. It is fantastic and a wonderful way to stretch your food budget as well as help you out on busy days. It's great to be able to use up mashed potato leftovers, as this is the ingredient that makes it able to be kept in the fridge up to 5 days.(good luck with that, we have never had it last 5 days). While you are making the dough, if you are like me and that's a bit of a job, remind yourself that you basically are freeing up lots of time the rest of the week. I made the dough on Friday, quickly wrapped up my hot dogs in little blankets of the dough that morning. Then an hour before supper I took them out of the fridge to rise a little. The family loves hot dogs cooked in their own bun like this. Saturday morning I took out the dough an hour before making up these yummy cinnamon buns for breakfast. At the same time I shaped some buns for our hamburgers tonight! You can also make bread sticks, pizza pockets, and turnovers! Try it, you'll love it!


No comments: