Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Using What You Have


Aren't they beautiful! These spinner dolphins swam alongside a cruise we went on in Oahu. It is the Hoku Nai'a and was a fantastic dolphin, whale watch cruise that included a delicious lunch and snorkeling!
Coming home I was re inspired to do better with my food budget. One thing that makes me very happy is using up and not wasting, what I have on hand. Looking through my fridge I found antipasto(several jars). Our family's idea of antipasto is eat it during the Christmas season on crackers. After Christmas we don't really eat it. So I thought surely there were some recipes for cooking with antipasto. I found that the brand I had had a website and sure enough lots of great recipes! www.somethingspecialdeli.com Remember the $1.50 off 2 jugs of 4L of milk? Well, I bought both and am right on track for using it up before the expiry date because of recipes like these that need 2 1/2 cups for the antipasto lasagna! Yeah!

No comments: