Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, September 5, 2011

I've Got Lots of Spaghetti Squash!

Here's one of my favorite uses for spaghetti squash! If you are not familiar with spaghetti squash you need to find out what you have been missing! My kids like it when I just bake it up and then scrap it out into a bowl. It looks just like yellow spaghetti and tastes oh so good!
 For this recipe I cut the squash in half, took out the seeds, wrapped it in foil and put it in the toaster oven (it's out on the deck as we are trying to keep the heat outside). You can feel free to use your oven if you want. I cook it at about 350 for 45 minutes to an hour. You will know it's done when it is tender when you poke it.

 Meanwhile, cook up 2/3 cup of bulgur or cracked wheat in 2 cups of water until it is softened but still firm, about 10-12 minutes.
 To your cooked squash add your cooked cracked wheat and some feta cheese. Put it back in the oven for 25 minutes.(Or if you'd like to bake this tomorrow you can stop here and pop it in the fridge and do the last oven time the next day.)
 Viola! Done! It's a very filling meal so you may find half of a half is enough per person! Enjoy!

No comments: