Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Naan Bread the Easy Way!

I love buttered chicken! Years ago my sister in law introduced me to it. In the past few years my friend Clayton has made it for us several times and it is fantastic! I love Naan bread too. If you are having buttered chicken you need Naan bread(sounds like If you give a mouse a cookie!) I decided to try and make it myself. I found this incredibly easy recipe...which I proceeded to write on a small piece of paper and I neglected to copy the website where I got the recipe from! Oops! So, today when I was excited to share it with you I had to hunt for an incredibly small piece of paper in my recycle!(Happily there was reference to the website!) Why do I do this to myself?! Over and over I find a recipe in a cookbook, or online and I make it and can't find it again! Thus, I blog! My online recipe book....hopeful I won't lose it! :) It is incredibly easy and costs less than a dollar to make!

Naan Bread

1 1/2 cups warm water


1 tablespoon sugar

2 teaspoons active dry yeast

1 teaspoon salt

3 cups flour
Combine the warm water and sugar. Sprinkle the yeast on top. Let it get foamy, about 5 minutes.
Add the salt and flour and knead for 5minutes. Put someplace warm for 30-45 minutes. It won't really rise.

Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 8 pieces. You can make circles or squares. Mine are far from beautiful!

Add some olive oil to your frying pan. Brown each side for 2 minutes!


This Naan bread is FANTASTIC! It's soft and chewy on the inside! A wonderful addition to buttered chicken or some other wonderful dish you need a nice bread for dipping! Enjoy!

No comments: