Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, February 17, 2012

Peanut Chicken or Thai Peanut Chicken

Look Linda! I won't ask you where I put this recipe again! This is a HUGE favorite at our house! M said she'd be happy if I just made the sauce(mushroom soup, milk and peanut butter) anytime we have rice so she can pour it all over!!! Very yummy!

Peanut Chicken or Thai Peanut Chicken

4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 tsp garlic minced
2Tbsp lemon or lie juice
2Tbsp fresh cilantro(my family has boycotted cilantro so I don't use this)
2Tbsp oil
1 large onion sliced thin
2 medium peppers sliced long(Linda uses broccoli instead)
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk
1/4 cup of peanut butter
1 can chestnuts(optional, but a nice crunchy addition!)

Cut up chicken in small pieces and toss with garlic, juice and cilantro.
Cook chicken in oil to brown. Remove.

Add onions and peppers and cook until tender crisp. Remove.
Add milk, soup and peanut butter, whisk together and bring to a boil.

Add chicken, peppers, and onions back and cook for 5 minutes.

Pour over rice or noodles.
To make it Thai substitute coconut milk and add 1 Tbsp
curry paste.
I often substitute coconut milk for the water in my rice cooker
to make a yummy coconut rice!

We were so excited to eat it that I didn't take a picture!
This is the sad leftovers that I had for lunch the next day!

No comments: