Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Brown Butter Parmesan Chicken Linguine

I found this recipe on How Sweet It Is. It's a food blog that I really enjoy reading, but I haven't actually ever made any of the recipes. This one looked easy enough for me to try. 
I think a good idea for next time would be to precook the chicken the day before and then just warm it in the frying pan, as this was the most time consuming of the steps. As well, I could have precut the onions, mushrooms and garlic ahead of time.
I altered it in the following ways. I used WAY more chicken as I was having my brother and his kids for supper.


Browning the chicken after seasoning with paprika, salt and pepper.



I didn't have any white wine, so I substituted apple juice(thanks for this tip Linda!) I didn't have fresh Parmesan so I used Kraft's.

I didn't have any butter(I know how pathetic is that!)so I used margarine!

I didn't have any linguine so I used spagettini.

So, in the end the result was MAGNIFICENT.....imagine if I had, had 
all the correct ingredients! You gotta try this!

No comments: