Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Grilled Pizza


This summer my cousin taught us how to make grilled pizza! She's an amazing cook. Her blog is here. When I menu plan in the summer I usually skip pizza because it's just too hot to start the oven. This year that problem was solved with a  broken oven. Now, with this when we can have pizza in the summer!
I put the pizza crust ingredients.
1 1/4 cup warm water
2 Tbsp oil
2 1/4 tsp yeast
1 tsp salt
4 cups flour
Bread makers vary as to how long the dough cycle takes. Mine takes 2 hours.


Once the dough is done. Grease a cookie sheet and press and roll the dough into it.



Preheat the BBQ and then turn it down to med. Place the dough right onto the grill. Watch it carefully, as you can see it can burn easily. It only takes a minute or two to brown the dough. Take the dough off the grill by using 2 large spatulas. I used another cookie sheet to flip it so that the grilled side is up.



Load the crust with all the toppings you like. The sky is the limit. I put an upside down cookie sheet on the grill in order to keep from burning it.

Heat until the bottom of the crust is browned and the toppings are cooked.



Add a little salad and you have a great meal. Thanks Ashley!

No comments: