Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Chocolate Zucchini Cake



Do you have any of these? Seems it's that time of year....Giant zucchini time.
My mother in law gave me a wonderful recipe for chocolate zucchini cake, so I thought I'd share. It needs 2 cups of grated zucchini, so you can make a bit of a dint in one of these big guys! I started by taking out the seeds, the smaller ones don't usually have these.



Then I attached my handy dandy grater that I got last year with a mail in rebate. It makes grating anything, quick work!


The wet ingredients are
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sour milk
then add 1 3/4 cup sugar(I scaled this back to 1 1/2cup with no affect)
Cream together.

Add in 2 cups of zucchini.

The dry ingredients are
2 1/2 cups flour
4 Tbsp cocoa
1 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves(I didn't have any, still tasted great)
 

Mix all ingredients together adding 1/2 cup chocolate chips.

Bake at 325 for 50-55 minutes.

This is one of the last pieces....it went fast!


No comments: