Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Huli Huli Chicken


Have I told you how much I LOVE America's Test Kitchen's Slow Cooker Revolution???? It's fantastic!  So much fun having so many great slow cooker recipes(again, thank you Linda!).

The sauce needs to be prepared ahead of time and takes 10 minutes. Here's a picture of the ingredients.

I opened that huge tin of pineapples and took out 2/3 cup of pineapple juice.
It also calls for 1/2 cup brown sugar.

I opened that huge can of ketchup(all our bottles needed refilling any ways) and took out 1/2 cup ketchup for this recipe.

It calls for the juice of 2 limes, but I only had one large one.

It calls for 6 cloves of minced garlic(I have a big Costco jar of crushed garlic in the fridge).

My mom told me to keep a hunk of ginger in the freezer as it's easy to grate. Thanks mom! 2 Tbsp are needed for this recipe.

1/4 cup soya sauce

Simmer for 10 minutes.

The recipe says add 1/2 cup of the sauce to the crock pot and reserve the rest. I think next time I would use at least  a cup of the sauce.

Season the chicken with salt and pepper and coat with sauce. I used 4 chicken breasts that had bone in and skin on.

Cook on low for 4-6 hours. If your crock pots are anything like mine I would  stick to 4 hours or less.

This is the reserved sauce.

After 6 hours.

The recipe says to put it in the oven at 450 for 20-30 minutes.
As my oven is kaput I opted to use the barbeque.

Brush the chicken with reserved sauce every few minutes and bake until it has a nice glaze.

We used the left over sauce for dipping. The sauce was soooo yummy!

No comments: