Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Easy Valentine's Day Brownie Cupcakes

blog 022
I wanted to make something fun for Valentine's Day. I needed it to be easy! So, remember how we love Costco's brownie mix? Well, they are kind of on sale(not the same price I blogged about when I wrote this article!). So, I got a box and asked to borrow some marbles from my kids. Years ago I had come across this idea to make heart shaped cupcakes(I think it was from The Tightwad Gazette). The hardest part was getting some marbles, as people were skeptical as to what would happen to their precious collection if mom put it in the oven! That problem was quickly solved by Google  and permission was granted! One package of brownie mix made 9 brownie cakes. I use jumbo liners.
blog 023
I tried it with putting the marble in the top first and then filling it as well as filling the liner first and then putting in the marble. Both work fine.
blog 024
My family is happy and my house smells yummy! Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: