Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Zucchini Noodles and Sausage

This week we came upon some zucchini in the clearance area of Quality Greens. 5 big ones for $1.49. So, I started thinking....how can I use this zucchini in a yummy way. It feels like we have eaten quite enough potatoes, rice and pasta lately. I wanted something different. Then I remembered, zucchini noodles! My friend, Heather, had blogged it quite awhile back, so I decided to make my own variation of it. I got out my handy dandy mandolin, which I must say my husband hates me using! He worries I will slip and injury myself. It's quite a lovely tool, but does need to be handled carefully!
Zucchini Noodles and Sausage
2 large zucchinis (cut into noodles)
1 package of sausage of your choice
1 Pepper, whatever color you have, cut up fine
1/2 onion chopped fine
1 clove garlic crushed
1/2 a pint of grape tomatoes cut in halves
spices of your choice, I used Cajun and Greek(club house)
sprinkling of Parmesan cheese
 Put the onion and garlic in the frying pan with a small amount of butter. Season. Fry until soft and remove. Cook up the sausage with a bit of water. Remove and cut them up small. Add sausage back to pan with the peppers. Add in zucchini and put on the lid and cook for a few minutes. Add grapes tomatoes and cook to warm. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese and serve.  You can change it up with whatever you think would be yummy. Leave out the meat and it's vegetarian! It's such a refreshing meal!

No comments: