Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Gluten Free Crepes

This week I was thinking of recipes to use lots of milk and eggs. I thought of crepes. Chicken Caesar crepes! My oldest daughter first introduced me to them and they are sooooo yummy. We haven't had them since hubby's diagnosis so I decided to try making them gluten free. I looked at all sorts of gluten free cookbooks and then went on-line and googled recipes. It's always about the flour.Since I had good success with the ATK version I thought I would try substituting it in for the flour used in this recipe. It seems with gluten free cooking it is a good idea to let the mix sit. This recipe called for it to be refrigerated overnight. These were really good eaten fresh. Like rice tortillas they tend to be less flexible than the real flour versions. I suggest you make enough for your family to eat fresh. We did try and use the leftovers the next day for scrambled egg and cheese wrap, but found them fairly uncooperative!

Gluten Free Crepes
1 3/4 cup flour(ATK Gluten Free Flour Mix)
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs
2 cups milk
2 Tbsp butter (melted and cooled)
Combine wet and dry in separate bowls then add altogether and whisk until smooth.Refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days. (I just refrigerated it for a few hours and had good results)When ready to use take out of the fridge and allow to come to room temperature. Heat electric frying pan to 350. Oil the pan. Using a ladle full of mix pour onto pan, quickly tilting the pan side to side to make an even covering. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. Serve right away.
The chicken was really easy as I just took the frozen, boneless, skinless breasts and put them on the George Foreman grill for about 10 minutes!
    

No comments: