Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Washing Machine Woes

So, last week I had a bit of  washing machine troubles! One morning I woke up and found my washer was full of super wet clothes! My washer is probably 9 years old(it came with our house). I had gotten quite behind on my laundry and so a broken washer was not convenient! We ended up going to the laundromat and doing 8 loads. Now, I haven't been to the laundromat very often and so I don't have a lot of experience, but the one we visited was very nice. It was roomy, not busy(we went during the day) and the staff were very friendly! 8 loads get done a lot faster than they would at home, but it's also fairly pricey! My 8 loads cost $17.25 and that was without fully drying them(I ran out of time). I wonder if you calculated out the price of a new machine, the number of years they last, the cost of water and power, how it would compare in the long run. Now of course there is the hassle factor, not being able to do your laundry at home, having to make a special trip....Anyways, all things to factor in I guess.
So, back to my washer. Fortunately for me I have a very smart, very capable husband! He took apart my washer and quickly determined that the problem was a broken shock(or maybe both shocks...oh dear, I'm not sure if they  are called shocks or maybe stabilizers?).Anyways, off he went to get a part and a few hours later I was back to being able to use my own washing machine again!
Total cost? $89.
So, the beautiful washing machine in the picture above is not mine.....I am saving for one like this, but in the meantime, my washer is working! Thanks to my wonderful hubby!

No comments: