Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Saving On Home Insurance

Well, it's that time of year. Time for home insurance renewal. Are you getting the best rate and coverage? I like to get 3 different quotes and try and compare apples to apples, though this can be difficult when you don't speak "insurancese". We usually keep our deductible high, and that saves some. I do not like this task. I am not sure why. Maybe because it goes up significantly every year? Maybe all the question answering? Looking for the answers?? How many square feet of my house are unfinished???
I decided to make my life simpler this year and record all these measurements in my day planner so that measure the house is not one of my tasks next year.
 Anyways, I AM doing it again this year, and so far I have 2 out of 3 done! Yeah me!
As an added bonus, there was the BCAA $10 gas gift certificate and now there's the Square One $10  Home Depot card.
I filled out online quotes for both BCAA and Square One and they will (I already got my $10 gas gc)send me a $10 reward for doing it! Makes it a little less painful. Square One gives Home Depot gift cards as follows: Gift card is for anyone we can quote. We only write in select cities in BC and Alberta at this time.If the quote is completed correctly the card is automatically mailed out.Serving Alberta and BC now, and Saskatchewan and Ontario soon
Our home insurance policy is available in select cities across Alberta and British Columbia, including Abbotsford, Burnaby, Calgary, Chilliwack, Coquitlam, Delta, Ednmonton, Kamloops, Kelowna, Langley, Maple Ridge, Nanaimo, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Penticton, Port Moody, Richmond, Sherwood Park, St. Albert, Surrey, Vancouver, Victoria, Vernon, West Vancouver and White Rock. Later this year, we’ll be expanding into Saskatchewan and Ontario.
Do you know of any other companies that reward for quotes? What things do you do to keep your costs down?

No comments: