Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, January 30, 2009

VOIP


Wow! Is that a great sky or what???
So, I was reading someones blog and stumbled upon their VOIP(voice over Internet protocol) provider. They were recommending a company whose rates were crazy cheap! I googled them and found out their service is far from stellar...very far. But, in the process of all of that I wondered if there was a way to do my VOIP cheaper. While checking it out I found out that right now the company I am with, Vonage, is offering a rebate on the equipment you need to make it work. When I signed up I paid a one time fee for that equipment. Right now Vonage is offering it for $9.99 new or free for refurbished!! That's a savings of $79.99! If you've been thinking of going VOIP this might be the time. Paying yearly can save you lots(close to $100), but try it for the free month first and see if you like it.
They have basic plans starting at $19.99, which includes tons of calling features and 500 free minutes long distance. We are on the unlimited long distance plan, but I'm wondering about the virtual phone number. This is where you have a phone number in the area code you call the most. For me that would be Alberta. This costs $7.99/ month. 500 minutes of long distance would probably be more than enough if I also had a virtual Alberta number.
If you are thinking of signing up with VOIP be sure to review the company first. Some are here today and gone tomorrow so be sure not to sign up for a year without first trying it for awhile and checking out the company background.
If you have a good VOIP provider let me know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.