Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Mango, Brown Rice, Black Bean and Veggies Salad

014
You've gotta try this salad! Seriously, it's so good and tasty and easy. I found the original recipe on Pinterest here. I was menu planning and craving some black beans. I cooked my dried black beans in my Crockpot the day before. That's easy! It took a little planning as I soaked the beans overnight Thursday then cooked them on Friday on high for 3 hours then low for another 3 hours. Rinsed and drained them, froze some and kept some for this yummy salad.Friday night's supper was stew kabobs and brown rice(this is the brown rice from Costco, very nutty tasting), making extra rice so that we'd have leftovers. I modified the recipe for the salad to fit what we had on hand. So here it is.
Mango, Brown Rice, Black Bean and Veggie Salad
1 Mango 
1/2 Green pepper
2 Carrots
1 cup black beans
2 cups brown rice
Cut up all fruit and veggies into small pieces. Mix all ingredients together.
Dressing
3 large limes squeezed for juice
2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp ginger
Mix all together and either pour over the rice and veggies or serve on the side. I was skeptical about the dressing so we had it on the side....It's a great dressing!  Enjoy!  

No comments: