Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, August 4, 2011

How's it going???... and back to school sales....

Hubby took this picture while we were on a hike!

It's a funny thing, a blog...you make friends all over the world, people you've never met. You share information about whatever you are passionate about. It's tough to know how much to share as it is such a wide open space....I always enjoy hearing what's really happening and so I will do to you as I would like done to me. It has now been a month since hubby's work place shut down. He was eligible and we applied for unemployment insurance, right away. In the meantime he was asked to do a couple of jobs in his area of expertise. It was piece work. He claimed it on his EI reports and everything that might have started came to a grinding halt.  His file is now in review and whether or not he'll get benefits is unknown. I feel frustrated with the system, punishing honesty. It would have been easy for them to just subtract the few dollars made from the few dollars he was going to get, but it seems like the message is don't even try to work. Anyways, I don't want to rant, the subject makes me ranty(I have decided this should be a word!)....Here again I am thankful for an emergency fund. Dave Ramsey always says don't rely on the government, ever. So, our first month we managed to live on his last paycheck! That was happy! Now we have 3 full months of monies left. We are putting some stuff on Castanet and Craigslist, that frees up space and money!
 His work is quite specialized and there aren't many companies in our town, but he's contacted them. Some have shown interest in giving him contract work if he had his own set up. Something to think about. I think I stressed in a post earlier, how awesome it is to have an emergency fund, but I'll say it again...stash teensey bits away each month..it will add up, you'll have wiggle room if something happens. Wiggle room is really nice.
Back to School Sales are starting!? Staples has some great deals.
Hilroy 80 page coil ring note books are .15(limit 6)
150 pack of lined paper is .19(limit 6)
Exercise Books 4pk .25
See their flyer for more

Costco has a screaming deal on blank photocopy paper 800 pages for $5.19 until Aug 7
Bic Pens 56 pack $4.49

No comments: