Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Things I've Learned This Week

There were several things I learned this week. One was that when I bought my son's shoes, I thought buying them at Zellers meant they would be replaced if he wore them out before he grew out of them. Note to self: Read the fine print! I went back in with the holey ,worn out shoes and found the exact ones to replace them. I had carefully saved my original receipt, writing Rob's shoes on the top. At customer service I was informed that the guarantee only applied to the Durable brand....sigh.
Second, I thought a sale at one Walmart would be a sale at another, but I learned this wasn't true. This weekend we ventured over to the Westside to buy a used blind that we have been needing. My husband found it on www.castanet.net for $5!! The West side had opened a Super Walmart quite awhile ago, but we don't usually go to the Westside, so I had never been there. We decided to stop in. Long story short they had kid's boots on for $5! Nice ones! Ones for next year! I bought a pair and wound up being in Kelowna's Walmart a few days later. Turns out the same boots are on sale for $9 on this side of the bridge!!!
I also learned that Spa tabs(Spa Chem brand) are way!!! cheaper at Mara Lumber! There price is 800g for $13.49, while the exact same brand and size is $49.95!!! Now there's a savings!
Finally, I learned there are still some good deals out there. MTF had plain yogurt(which I use in buttered chicken)750g for $1.28. Old Town Market has tomatoes .59/lb and red peppers were .99/lb.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: